Beth Moore, CPA
Bachelor of Science in Finance
Columbus State University
Bachelor of Business in Administration in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, Virginia
Background and Experience
Beth has over 36 years of public and private accounting experience. As an accounting professional, she has specialized skills in accounting, management advisory and tax services for small businesses, long-term contractors, real estate developers, nonprofit organizations, property owners’ associations, and hospitality industry businesses.
In addition, Beth is a 2001 graduate of the Leadership Institute of the Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce. She was awarded the 2003 Virginia Small Business Advocate of the Year by the Small Business Administration and has been recognized more than once by Virginia Business Magazine as a “Super CPA.”
Industry and Service Expertise
Beth has extensive knowledge and experience with a wide range of nonprofit and related organizations.
Beth has extensive knowledge and experience with commercial and residential construction services. Her areas of concentration include tax planning, financial statement and tax return preparation and other support services related to contracting issues.
Enterprise Zone Grants
Beth has over 20 years of experience with the Virginia Enterprise Zone Program, and related local incentive programs.
Property Owners’ Associations
Beth has over 20 years of experience with property owners’ associations located across the nation. She is familiar with the specialized accounting and tax issues related to the industry including government regulations in various states.
Professional and Community Service
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Newport News Public Art Foundation, Treasurer
- Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, Past Treasurer
- Newport News Green Foundation, Past President and Treasurer
- Peninsula Industrial Finance Corporation, Board of Directors, Past President
- Copeland Industrial Park Business Association, Past Board Member
- Peninsula Chapter of the VSCPA, Past Vice President
- Rotary Club of Newport News, Member, Paul Harris Society, Member
- Northside Christian Church, Member